Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Euro Tour Photo Recap

Well, we're posted up in Manchester right now at our favorite chain of hotels, the CityInn's. Which I highly recommend to anyone traveling around the UK! (free internet, imac tv/comps in room, large beds, delicious room service, etc) We leave today to travel to New Castle...

Our boss has a bronchial infection that has made us postpone a few shows. This is something that she and the band definitely needed. They have been going non-stop with chartered shows in distant countries everyday. Unfortunately, that just means we come home later... and considering I haven't seen my family, boyfriend or friends in almost two months, I'm definitely wanting to come home. I just hate missing all the holidays.

The dancers have been lucky enough to have a few days off here or there in some amazing cities,
Manchester being our current one. Everything closes super early, so it's the perfect opportunity to update with some pictures!

The dancers dressed and ready to perform 'Umbrella' at the World Music Awards...
This is one of the shows where we added more dancers from the UK to perform with us. They were a kind lot and definitely liked getting to know their ideas and lifestyles and how being a dancer in the UK differs from that in the US.


This award show was in filmed in Monaco, France. If there is one place I definitely want to go back and visit anytime of the year... it would be Monte Carlo, Monaco. Rumored to be the richest city in the world, this is an dream getaway and all of us had a hard time grasping that we were getting paid to enjoy this beauty! This was the view from the gazebo of our hotel! The weather reminded me of LA!

On our way to the hotel, our driver stopped and took a picture of our car full of ladies in this breathtaking city! (from left) Ashleigh Haney (background vocalist), Me, Tina Landon (choreographer), and Rachael Markarian (other dancer)





Beautiful Birmingham and their wonderful Christmas spirit! Just imagine Christmas huts continuing to the left and right of this photo... they go one forever!







Rachel and I messing around backstage in our wigs for the "Breaking Dishes" number... For those of you who haven't seen this one performed, we basically act like crazy and quirky robotic-like girls who know that their boyfriend is acting stupid and it's almost as though we lost a few screws... we tick, tip, and basically dance like we're going to break dishes we're so mad. It's my favorite routine without question.


The monstrous Dom Cathedral in Cologne, Germany. This cathedral has a spiral stone staircase that Rachel and I climbed over 600 stairs to overlook the entire city from the top! Germany had some of the best shopping too... I mean, I had a week off in that city, so I definitely did some damage! :D










Performing "Breaking Dishes" in Serbia... this was the crowd that before we even got on stage broke the front barricades... we love crazy crowds!
They give us energy on those days we feel like we have none.






Ladies in our dressing room before our rainiest show yet!
This was the first time I fell on my a** and nearly couldn't get up on stage! The show was an outdoor show and it was raining... quite fitting for an artist whose main hit is titled Umbrella, but none the less the stage was soaked and as soon as the opening song started, I pranced out with heels on attempting to grip the stage, only to have my feet slip from under me as I nearly slid off the front! This was a painful show... not to mention Bulgaria was one of our larger audiences too! Hope they enjoyed the fall!


Iscghl, Austria... When we chartered into this snow covered country, Kevin (our keyboardist/DJ aka Kevmo) and I were too busy filming and taking pictures of the deep white mountains and trees to even exchange words of disbelief. We would glance at each other with surprised faces and then both look out of our respective windows still breathless... We entered this small town of only about 1500 people where everyone knew their neighbors and nothing opened before noon. It was quaint and cold.

These pictures are just from this European Tour... I'll attempt to put some up from our Canadian Tour and Promo dates in other countries.

2 comments:

  1. hey beautiful,

    i had no idea that you passed by MY country!! I suppose you didn't make it to Vienna, cause you would have definitely mentioned it,...but it's just good to know that you got a taste of where I come from!! I am going home for the holidays and can't wait to celebrate christmas with my family and my boyfriend who lives in Vienna as well!!
    I hope all is well and you are enjoying every step of your way!! You are, as always gorgeous and I am so very proud of you!
    Merry Christmas Vic and hopefully we'll run into each other again sometimes!!
    love you
    bao han

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! VIC!!!! I'm so glad you started a blog too! I am soooooooooo happy for you! I have you bookmarked so I can keep up on your where abouts! I miss you tons and love you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete