Saturday, November 01, 2008

Everything I've heard 

about Australia... is awesomely true...

 if not more than I have heard and

 imagined... and from what my friends have said, I haven't even been to some of the most notoriously cool spots yet!!

In fact, I’ve only been to Brisbane so far.  The weather is tropical and perfect. The people are generous and friendly. The nightlife is lively and they celebrate Halloween… so all in all, they’re good in my books!


Our first two shows in Brisbane were on a larger scale than any of our shows in the past. 

We’d added pyro, a larger set and stage, more costumes, and more theatrics including Rihanna flying at the end of the show. 

 

During our off time in Brisbane, we were lucky enough to be able to visit the Australia Zoo (Steve Erwin, the crocodile hunter’s zoo). 

It was one of the best experiences I’ve had on tour! Or ever!

 


We saw crocodiles, extra large turtles, birds, tigers, elephants, etc.

  We were even lucky enough to get to hold animals.  I held a large python around my neck and it wrapped tightly around me.  I also held a smaller python that actually frightened me a little more than the larger just because I could envision it moving quicker and not being able to stop it. Small and stealth-like was that reasoning.

I got to pet and smell a koala that looked adorable and smelled beautiful! I got to hold a bird on my arm. Pet a dingo. 

I even got to feed a kangaroo straight from my hand and it almost attacked me because I didn’t read the signs that said not to pull away when you’re about to feed them. But I’m alive and well. 

I also got some cool video footage of the what’s called the fierce snake. It’s venom is said to be able to kill up to 100 men from one drop. We were watching them being fed mice. 

Really cool, but kind of freaks me out how snakes eat. The Zoo itself has beautiful structures and tranquil walk-thrus of each animals habitat.  

If there is any place I can recommend on a visit to Brisbane, there's no doubt that I would suggest this Zoo.

Before Australia, we were in New Zealand. Auckland was where we started off our large shows and the audience made us feel well at home. I didn't know what to expect from this small island of people, but their energy jump started our tour run! The shopping wasn't bad either. 

After Auckland we did a quick stop in Wellington, New Zealand to be met by some strangely ugly weather... and of course after our 

time there, we left with beautiful memories of New Zealand... the sun came out, perfect beach weather. 

Their skies are bright blues with perfectly white clouds, gorgeous home on the mountain side and lining the beach waters. 

The road to the airport showed water the entire time!










No comments:

Post a Comment